Have you ever wondered how some ideas became big projects or how someone became an authority in his industry or country? Yes, I know you might have done that at some point in your life, and it is no coincidence, it is nature.
Big differences come from great ideas, while brilliant ideas evolve from inspiration. Inspiration comes from our simple daily activities, either consciously or unconsciously. But we have to be conscious of these moments, apply them to ignite the fire in us, and bring about the great ideas.
No matter where your area of discipline, career or project falls, you need inspiration to be productive, so I want to share with you 8 simple things you can do to find inspiration:
1. Loved ones first (Do the things that excite you first): Research proved that people who do the things that give them pleasure before doing anything else tend to be more productive.
If you have a hip of tough tasks to do, take on the simple ones first. If the simple tasks also look daunting, take few of your time to do something you are so passionate of doing and then face the tasks.
” I don’t feel pressure, I don’t give a toss about it. I once spent the afternoon sleeping and playing playstation. In the evening, I went out and won the world cup” -Andrea Pirlo (Senior Italian footballer)
2. Write, read and continue learning:
I will recommend you read a lot to get inspired. Read journals, magazines and books. While you read, write down your view, you may not agree with all contents you come across in your readings, it is okay. The more you read, the more you have something to write about, the more you learn and unlearn.
I should have placed this point as number 1 on this list, but as a matter of fact, a lot of people sometimes see writing and reading as big task, therefore they may prefer to engage in something more interesting to them.
Logically, I placed “Loved ones first” and it prompts you to read further,just like it will attract any other person to read further. Some people may not read further if write, write, write, read, learn, learn come first.
3. Exercise: By exercising you body and brain, you are doing a great favour to your mind. Exercises refresh your body and this will give you the ability to think inwardly and bring about the best idea.
4. Curiosity: I follow people who have made huge impact in the society through their projects and ideas. One important thing I see in most of them is their curiosity.
Curiosity will lead you to different questions. From questions you ask yourself and other people, you will get both relevant and irrelevant answer to your question, and from these answers, you might be motivated to do something impressive. Inspiration to solve some of the world’s problem came from curiosity.
5. Follow updates: From around the world, we learn about new innovation in different areas of life. Thanks to technology and globalization. Following up on what is happening around the world, especially in your area of interest will help you in finding the inspiration you need to do whatever you have always dream of doing.
6. Music: Yeah! Stir it up! I am listening to Bob Marley right now. Do not take everything about life too serious. Take it easy. The rythmn and melodies that come from good music is so powerful that it could influence your thinking and help you come up with a bright idea resourceful for everyone.
7. Nature: If you are a creative person or an art enthusiast, you will automatically find inspiration in nature. If you do not have keen interest in art, you could still be inspired by the beauty of the sky and ocean, the nature of animals, the whisper of trees and greenness of the grass.
Trust me, from the beauty of these wonderful creatures, you will be inspired to develop your ideas.
8. Role models & Mentors: You do not follow people who have influenced you for no reason. Mentors and role models can be forces behind your motivation, and from their experience you can find inspiration to develop yourself and become a better person.
So, I am challenging you to dream, reason, read, write, learn, relax, play, inspire and do it!
He is an entrepreneur, writer, barber and interior designer. Abiodun discusses and writes about entrepreneurship, leadership, business and economy.
He has interest in luxury, art, fashion, travel and technology.
Abiodun is passionate about sport, particularly football (soccer) and boxing.